Dr. PV Naresh is an acclaimed Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the world-renowned Yashoda Hospitals in Hyderabad. He has an experience of more than 20 years in CTVS and Extensive Surgical Expertise in Off-Pump CABG Total Arterial Revascularization, Minimal Invasive Valve Surgery, MIDCAB, Aortic Aneurysm Repairs and the Minimal Invasive Valve Repairs and Replacements. He is known for Heart Failure Surgeries like LV Restorations, Post MI VSR Repairs, etc. Dr. Naresh has performed many Heart Transplants, Lung Transplants and Combined Heart Lung Transplantations, LVAD Implantations and also Congenital Cardiac Repairs.
Dr. P V Naresh graduated with an MBBS degree from MKCG Medical College, Berhampur, Orissa, during which he did summer research in Cardiothoracic Surgery at ICMR in the year 1987-88 where he was introduced to his life passion in Cardiac Sciences. He has completed his post-graduation in General Surgery from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai in the year 1996 after training under a great line of mentorship from eminent surgeons like Dr. T T Changlani, Dr. V V Dewoolkar, Dr. S P Nadkarni, Dr. Madhuri Gore, Dr. Meena Kumar, Dr. Mohan Joshi, Dr. N S Laud, Dr. Chowkar, Dr. R L Thatte, Dr. P S Ramani, etc. Dr. P V Naresh is one of the many leaders who managed the mass casualties from the largest trauma center of Lokmanya Medical College during the Mumbai riots and bomb blasts.
While pursuing his Super Specialization in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery from the most renowned All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in the year 2000, Dr. Naresh had experienced performing at least 20 Cardiothoracic Surgeries of varying complexity and criticality every day. In AIIMS, he worked with the doyens of Cardiothoracic Surgery in India like Dr. P Venugopal (first Heart Transplantation in India),Dr. P Sampath Kumar (Pioneer in Valve Repairs), Dr. Balram Airan ( pioneer in CABGs and Congenital Repairs), Dr. Rajesh Sharma (Pioneer in Neonatal Cardiac Surgeries) and Dr. Anil Bhan ( pioneer in Aortic Surgeries).
After his Super-Specialty Training, Dr. Naresh joined the Satya Sai Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore in the year 2000 as a junior consultant in CTVS. In 2002, he moved to JN Medical College, KLE hospital as an Assistant professor in CTVS where a range of Cardiac Surgeries was performed. He has also worked at the reputed Manipal Medical College, Mangalore as an additional Professor in 2004. From 2004 until 2012 he has been part of the Apollo Hospitals as Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon where he has performed a wide range of Surgeries including Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries, Valve Repairs and Cardiac Surgeries in Newborns.
During my tenure at Apollo hospitals Vishakapatnam I have seen many young patients who suffered from a condition called End-Stage Heart Disease. They approached our emergency department and most of the time in a very critical state that we had to immediately start treating with Ventilator and Inotropes Medicines in our ICU (Intensive Care Unit). Although their health would be stabilized and discharged with a discharge plan and medications, some of them would be readmitted back into the ICU within a period of 1 -2 months in a critical state. These are episodes of Heart Failure which would ultimately lead to death if no definitive treatment is given. The definitive treatment for such cases is Heart Transplantation or LVAD Implantation which was not available in smaller cities like Vizag during that time which was 2010.
To gain more knowledge into this new treatment modality which was very much needed and growing fast in India, I went to GERMANY for a Fellowship on Heart Transplantation, LVAD, Minimal Invasive Surgery at Leipzig Heart Center. After returning home I realized I needed hands-on experience on Heart Transplantation and looked up for several options and finally settled on the best place as Chennai.
A constant passion drove me to get in touch with Dr. K M Cherian, a renowned Cardiothoracic Surgeon of India, who has to his credit of being the first in performing the CABG, and first in Heart Transplantation Surgeries. He was convinced with my passion and offered me a position as Senior Consultant and in charge of the Heart Transplantation division.
Consequentially I moved to Chennai in 2012 and joined the K M Cherians FRONTIER LIFELINE HOSPITAL. During my 3 yr tenure here, I had been involved with 20 Heart transplants, 10 Lung transplants, and 5 Heart and Lung Transplants. During this period I had performed many Aortic Aneurysm Repairs, LV Reconstructions, and Total Arterial Revascularizations.
In the year 2016, I moved to Hyderabad and became involved with the Department of Cardiothoracic, Transplantation and Minimal Invasive Surgery at Yashoda Hospitals with an incredible team of two Associate Surgeons, 5 Junior Surgeons,4 Cardiac Anaesthesiologists, 3 Clinical Perfusionists, 4 Clinical Physician Assistants, 20 Cardiac Theatre Nurses and 30 Cardiac Intensive Care Nurses.
Our super specialty infrastructure includes 3 Cardiac Theatre setups with 20 Intensive Care Units. With our qualified team and the latest technological infrastructure, we perform close to 750 Cardiac Surgeries in a year which are also the most complex surgeries to be performed.
Personally, I have performed 10,000 Cardiothoracic surgeries, 22 heart transplants, 7 lung transplants, and 3 Heart and lung transplants to date. We have to our credit of PERFORMING THE FIRST COMBINED HEART AND LUNG TRANSPLANT in the Telugu states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
International & Advanced Trainings
- Advanced Training on MICS, Aortic and Aneurysm Surgery, Heart Transplantation. Dr. Fredereich Mohr, Dr. Michael Borger at Universitat Leipzig Herzzentrum, Leipzig Germany: July – Sept 2011.
- Heart Mate II Wet Lab and Hands-on experience. By Dr. Ranjit John, Asst Prof University of Minnesota. December 2014, New Delhi
Presentations in International Conference
- Chordal Preservation in severely Calcified and Fibrotic Mitral Stenosis– A New Simplified Technique (Invited Guest Lecture): ASCVTS-ATCSA 2011 Phuket Thailand.
- Aorta Right Atrial Tunnel ( Invited Guest Lecture) Fortis Global Conference in Cardiac Sciences (Cardiomersion): Fortis Hospital; Mohali, Nov 25-26, 2011.
- “Minimal Invasive Redo Mitral Valve Replacement” has been accepted as “Surgical Video” at the 23rd Annual Meeting of Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery that will be held in Hong Kong between May 11-14, 2015.
- Modification of Bentall operation to avoid Proximal (Aortic Root) Suture Line and tackling Multiple Coronary Origins” has been accepted as “Poster Presentation” at the 23rd Annual Meeting of Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery that will be held in Hong Kong between May 11-14, 2015.
- Left Ventricular reconstruction in the Era of Off-pump Surgery. International Coronary Congress Nov 11-13, 2006, New Delhi.
WorkShops Conducted & Participated
- 2008, Apollo Hospitals, Visakhapatnam.VIZAG LIVE: Surgeries Performed
- Mitral Valve Repair by Dr. P V Naresh Kumar, Chief CT Surgeon.
- Tetralogy of Fallot Correction by Dr. Rajesh Sharma, Director of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, N Delhi.
- 2012, Apollo Hospitals, Visakhapatnam. MICS Workshop: Surgeries performed
- Minimal Invasive Mitral Replacement
- Minimal Invasive Direct Coronary Bypass by Dr. P V Naresh Kumar, Chief CT Surgeon, Apollo Hospitals Visakhapatnam
- 2015, NEIGRIHMS ( Shillong), ACTVSA Society Workshop on MICS and MIDCAB Surgery Performed: MIDCAB by Dr. P V Naresh Kumar, Chief CT Surgeon, Vijaya Hospitals, Chennai
- Landmark Achievements First Combined Heart-Lung Transplantation In Telangana and AP First Heterotopic Heart Transplantation in Telangana, AP and Second in Asia.